Monday, July 9, 2012

Swellendam weekend + more random thoughts

Swellendam was so fun and super relaxing! The bus rides were long, and it was pretty wet all weekend from the rain on Saturday, but it was still nice. We got to meet our bus driver (William) and our tour guides (Keith and Sylvia) who will be taking us on the Garden Route! And I got to have some wonderful doggy time with Luna and Tau! Well mostly Luna, she was such a sweetheart. Tau just liked to be around her daddy all weekend (hmmm.... what dog does that remind me of....). But Luna was lots of fun! She came on the ferry boat with us when we went out on the lake, she sat by us all night when we would have our bonfires (which were huge and sooooo hot), and she LOVES attention. If you stop petting her for a second, she'll paw at you until you start to pet her again. And she really loved it when we would throw rocks for her to fetch, even though she didn't actually bring them back. She would just run after them and come back, pick up another rock, and drop it in your lap. Such a smart doggy.

We had a lot of time to relax and not do much of anything, which was nice. It was really fun watching people go down the zip line, which they call a foofie slide. I didn't go, it looked a little painful, and I wanted to save that money for something else on the Garden Route. Then this morning we went to a hot springs, which was really nice and warm. Some people were party poopers and didn't want to get in the water because it was a little brown, but that was just because it was natural water coming up from the ground and wasn't treated at all. Nothing to be scared of!

Both Saturday and Sunday nights we had bonfires and Keith and Sylvia cooked us amazing meals. It was so fun having conversations with Sylvia and having William tell us stories. We all were having such a good time, we ended up staying out until after midnight each night. But through being here and spending time here, I've come to realize that time isn't as important as most people make it out to be. Being on time isn't that important here, you will just do things when you get to it, and there is never a rush.

Randoms:
I am going to have such a hard time paying for anything when I get home. Everything is so cheap here. I guess that will be a good thing though so I don't waste any money on unnecessary things!

After eating out everyday, twice a day, I am going to want to eat home cooked food for at least 2 months.... Too bad I will only have one month at home before going back to cafeteria food...

I can't believe I have to take an exam tomorrow, and that it is my birthday already.

I don't want this trip to be over next Wednesday already, but I'm also anxious to come home... It's going to be a bittersweet moment for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment